Chiropractic for Kids
Have you considered chiropractic for your kids in Franklin? At Franklin Family Chiropractic we firmly believe in protecting a child’s body by making sure they have the best possible functioning nervous system. It is well known that children bounce back quickly, but that is related to how they feel; physically and structurally that is not always the case. Unfortunately, children do not always verbalize exactly what they feel when they are sore, uncomfortable, or in pain, but just like with adults, if the underlying cause is left alone for too long it will grow into a bigger problem. Chiropractic care for children can be very beneficial.
Starting from the time a child is conceived, their bodies are growing and being put under stress. While the child is growing, they are usually curled up in a ball and then they are pushed and/or pulled during birth. I just ask that you just take a second and think about how you would feel if today you underwent that kind of experience. All of this stress and trauma affects our spine which can lead to issues with the nervous system. This is a problem because the nervous system is what controls everything our body does such as blinking, breathing, heartbeat, the ability to fight illness, walk, talk, think, speak, etc.
Click here for another great article.
Pediatric Chiropractic Franklin
Chiropractic care can be helpful for you child's development. After development and birth, the physical stress and trauma continues when children grow into toddlers. They are faced with the developmental challenge of crawling and walking. While children are learning to overcome these challenges, there is a significant about of straining, twisting, and falling. While growth continues and the child starts to be at the age where they play with pets, friends, family, etc. they can again endure more physical stress and trauma. Generally children in the preschool-middle school age play hard and try to play without limits.
As toddlers grow into kids, they often start to develop bad posture, start playing contact sports, wearing heavier backpacks (most likely the wrong way), and deal with the stress of more daily responsibilities. As these kids start to become teenagers and high school graduates, they often become part of the work force. Usually, they are jobs that require a lot of moving around and physical labor such as servers, factory workers, etc.
At Franklin Family Chiropractic, we make a point to make sure that all the falls, stress, trauma, and physical demands that your children endure do not stop them from being kids. We love treating children of all ages. As a parent you want to protect your child from pain and sickness as much as you can. We get that! Let us help you! Chiropractic care is all about protecting your body from harm. Our exams are extensive so even if your child is too young to communicate, or too shy, we will make sure we know exactly what is going on before proceeding with treatment. Not only that, we will make sure you know what is going on every step of the way.
The most natural way to keep your baby healthy is your love and chiropractic care. The team at Franklin Family Chiropractic is here to educate you and give you options on how to keep your kids off medication and how to help them thrive.
We co-care with pediatricians. It is important that you have a complete team. The two specialties have different purposes. Both are necessary and wechild want to make it clear that while we have different methods, we are patient first providers.
Below is some information on symptoms we treat. Your easiest road is to give us a call at Franklin Family Chiropractic: (615) 967-7585 for a free consultation so that we can determine if we are the right fit for your family at no risk to you.
- Viruses: It is an annoying, sad, messy, inconvenient way for our body to build its immune system. No one likes it, but it is necessary. We must build our children’s immunity. A chiropractic adjustment helps align your child’s spine so that their body can handle such an event all the better. An adjustment helps your child break a fever (with no medicine!). As well as become more efficient at working in general. Keep them drinking fluids and electrolytes, keep them peeing; give them baths and soup and being held, and let us take care of the chiropractic adjustment.
- Ear Infections: This is how ear infections happen and why a chiropractic adjustment is necessary. Around the body’s brain are multiple sinus channels. Let’s call them the river. The River all comes together at the back of the head and makes one big Lake: the Confluence of Sinuses. This lake then shoots out the fluid (the rapids) from the nose and mouth. If at any point along the River, the water gets stuck, it sits there and sits there so the ‘mosquitoes’ can breed and cause infection. Solely because of lack of movement! The virus is in all trillions of cells of the body, but it settles where there is a lack of movement. A gentle, safe chiropractic adjustment restores the movement and the flow of fluid so that the body can heal all by itself! At Franklin Family Chiropractic, The Parent gets to help decide if they want their child to have a soft tissue, activator (which is a little tool) or my hands to adjust their child. We are comfortable and competent at any of the ways to adjust. So why would it take more than one adjustment? The same reason it takes 10 days to destroy the body’s immune response with antibiotics. It can be instantaneous or it can take a few times. After the adjustment, however, you are likely to get positive reactions such as the body breaking its fever; the body bringing up a fever to break it and finally get better (tepid fevers are the worst); ear drainage, snot to get out the infection, and most importantly, a restful sleep for the baby. The average virus is 14 whole days long and then you need another couple weeks to get strong again. Do you see why we want our kids to have a strong immune system!!!? So they don’t ‘catch’ every little thing.
- Colic: or your baby screams all the time. Yes, there is something wrong. They have gas stuck up in their stomach and intestine. And the pain is so bad it would make a grown person pass out. Please do all the stretches you see on the mama websites. Please also bring your baby into Franklin Family Chiropractic to get adjusted. When your baby was birthed, they locked up somewhere and ‘things aren’t running right’. They need to be unwound. They are little balls of energy. This will help them. Safe, gentle adjustments. I, personally, have mama hours and am specifically located next to Williamson Hospital in Physician’s Plaza to be more convenient for parents. I specifically married my husband, not just because I love him, but because he is a great doctor of chiropractic and also with pediatrics. I trust him with my own kids.
- Reflux: The new pediatric diagnosis. I will take a stand to say that medication should not be given to children with reflux. It is adult medication given to babies. Tiny newborn babies. But you need answers and you have tried All the things you can: change of diet, baby sleeping position etc. etc. Parents, the child is locked up from birth. They do Not have too much acidity. The stomach is Supposed to be acidic to digest food to give the baby nutrition and the intestines turn this into an alkaline formula for them to poop out. Ask Any doctor. “Is this how the body works?!” It is just true. The problem Is motility. The food is supposed to go down. The organs, including the digestive system, are run by the nerves. We know when the baby comes out it gets shoved through a little hole or the baby may have been stuck in one position..for months inside of you. Give chiropractic a chance! This is an opportunity to keep your healthy newborn baby off the medicine train.
- More issues we treat with babies: latching issues; a head that is not even or is flat/not shaped correctly; sleep disturbances; torticollis; improper crawling or walking behavior; sinus infections; club foot
- Toddlers: We adjust toddlers and children most importantly for all the times they bash their head or that one big bang. This will change how they grow and chiropractic helps eliminate the cause of future problems.
- Kids and Teens: I am here to tell you that a chiropractic provider should be a part of the family health team. No, we can’t make them eat their broccoli, but sometimes kids Will so long as the advice is not coming from the parent! (Sorry, I have children too). We can help correct, adjust, and treat the causes of problems and pain, therefore keeping your child off medication and giving them a better chance than you had. Pain in a child is common, but not normal. We treat headaches, neck and back pain, posture issues (often from school and computers), athletic injuries, whiplash, sleep disturbances and digestive issues.
Call our Franklin chiropractic team today for a no-obligation consultation and get your child on their way to a better life.
7:00am - 12:00pm
3:00pm - 6:00pm
3:00pm - 6:00pm
7:00am - 12:00pm
3:00pm - 7:00pm
6:00am - 10:00am
3:00pm - 6:00pm
7:00am - 12:00pm